Junior Embedded Software Engineer bij Orolia BVTopvacature
As Embedded Software Engineer you are part of our R & D team. Your responsibilities include:
- To design, develop, implement and test (embedded) software applications;
- To analyze and to write functional and technical designs, including implementation plan and work planning;
- To compose complete documentation about (parts of) developed applications according to prescribed organizational procedures;
- To identify, analyze, solve, and report technical issues and required rework / redesign in order to provide a successful delivery in-time, on-time and within budget;
- To monitor, manage and maintain internal and external (quality) standards and to control the technical integrity of software and other technology used.
Our preferred candidate has a bachelor degree, preferably in IT or Electronics, with a major in embedded systems. In addition, you have at least 5 years relevant experience in software development, preferably in the maritime or a related sector. You are analytical and creative, flexible and results-oriented. You are an expert in analyzing and solving problems, which enables you to work efficiently. Your oral and written communication skills in both Dutch and English are well developed. You are preferably living in The Hague or Rotterdam region.
- Experience with using C (must) and C++ in the development of embedded software.
- Experience developing software on Linux / Unix platform
- Knowledge of networking protocols TCP/ UDP/ IP/ICMP
- Git, JIRA and working within a team or on own initiative
- Working in an Agile development environment
- Knowledge of microcontroller and application processor hardware from a programming viewpoint
- Familiarity with some form of scripting (Bash, Perl, Python )
If you are a specialist on one of the above and you are willing and able to learn quickly, we would still be interested in hearing from you.
Orolia offers a competitive salary and is also willing to invest in your personal and professional development. Above all, we offer a great challenge and a lot of room for initiative and growth. The working environment is dynamic and stimulating; you will be part of a small team of enthusiastic colleagues who achieve significant results and share successes with each other.
Orolia Group is the world leader in resilient positioning, navigation and timing (PNT) solutions that improve the reliability, performance and safety of customers’ critical, remote or high-risk operations. Through its leading Kannad, McMurdo, Netwave, Sarbe, Spectracom and Spectratime brands, Orolia has more than 400 employees and sales presence in over 100 countries worldwide. Leading organizations including Airbus, NASA, Thales, or Raytheon rely on Orolia for fail-safe GNSS and PNT products and solutions for their mission critical needs. Founded in 2006, Orolia has a global presence with offices in China, France, Russia, Switzerland, Singapore, India, the U.K. and the U.S.A.
Orolia BV develops and produces IT and electrical equipment for offshore vessels and installations. We have a solid reputation in the marine industry due to our specialized experience in Voyage Data Recorders (VDR 'maritime black box’). Our products are assembled in Zoetermeer at the Orolia office and are sold worldwide by distributors to shipping companies and ship owners. Our clients are almost exclusively based outside The Netherlands (mostly Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East). This gives the company a strong international character. Customer visits, trade shows and other events mostly take place at international locations. For more information about our organization please check our websites www.orolia.com and www.netwavesystems.com.
Our organization is rapidly growing, financially solid and there is much room for individual initiative and personal development. Core values within our company are entrepreneurship, creativity, ambition and perseverance.