Site Technical Specialist bij DematicTopvacature
Once installed, we ensure we continue to support the customers operations, by having a high performing maintenance team on site tasked with providing planned maintenance and reactive fault rectification, to reduce down time of equipment, whilst using lean techniques to improve the on-going efficiency and effectiveness of the system installed.
To deliver a multi-skilled, PLC, PC and controls equipment service across a wide range of operationally critical equipment whilst understanding and operating safely and in-line with the customer’s business needs and what is critical to quality at all times. The occupier of the role will optimise the service to our customer through process management, continuous improvement and employee training.
The role incumbent will promote Dematic values and behaviours whilst supporting the requirements and activities of our customer to deliver in full, on time, every time and at all times understanding what is critical to quality.
• Root-cause-analysis of faults using industry recognised tools e.g. Ishikawa, 5 Why, LSS principles
• Rectification and prevention of issues
• Equipment availability optimisation
• Continuous improvement
• Support for the site PPM programme optimisation
• PLC backup and version control in line with the customer’s CAB process
• On-site training for the site technicians; a controlled programme of instruction and refresher training using assessment tools thus enhancing the overall levels of technical expertise available to the company
• Management of the site technical training matrix
• Support for the Dematic Site Manager in data analysis and presentation
• Attending meetings and presenting technical (and other) information to the customer
• Creation, implementation and management of the site ‘hardware map’; a database of fitted equipment which holds parameters, configuration, programs etc. and the fault analysis / swap-out process for each element
• Managing the technical tooling requirements for site including software, hardware, comm’s modules / leads and other interface equipment
• Management of the site obsolescence programme
• Ensuring the safety and quality of your own work and that provided by external contractors in the controls automation field meets the required standards
• Record-keeping, file updates, process management
• Time-served apprenticeship / NVQ Level 3 (Or Equivalent) Electrical bias
• HNC / HND / Degree qualified engineering qualification (electrical bias) minimum
• Electrical controls system experience including inverter drives, barcode scanning equipment, Profibus / Profinet / ASi-bus / ASi-Safe / Ethernet etc.
• PLC (Siemens) required
• PC, database, comm’s networks
• Previous experience within a controls equipment environment (warehousing preferred)
• Multi-skilled experience
• Coach and mentor all staff to embrace Dematic and relevant design/industry standards
• To comply with all company policies as defined on the DMS / Document Vault
• Apprenticed trained
• IOSH / NEBOSH Trained
• Lean Six Sigma experience
As a leading provider of these services globally the role offers real opportunity to be at the cutting edge of how automated technology is used within warehousing and logistics operations and therefore offers a career to those joining us.
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Dematic has implemented more than 4,500 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services, and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.