Software Engineer bij Synerscope
As a Sr Software Engineer you are responsible for the development of exciting new features for our core software products.
We are looking for people who love clean code, work in a test-driven manner, like to work on projects that add value to business and enjoy working within an inspirational environment.
You must be a real team player, willing to actively contribute to a good and productive team atmosphere. You have a strong drive to improve your skills and have a true love for engineering. You have commitment to innovation and excellence, and can work well under pressure and independently.
Your main responsibilites
- Design and implement technical solutions to application features.
- Participate in the specification and the design of the in-house solutions.
- Take responsibility of feature development and follow-through with other team members working on the project to ensure high quality and predictable delivery of such features.
- Provide time estimates of projects and meet project schedules.
- Regularly suggests enhancements to the existing solutions.
- Conduct talks/demos within the team.
- Provide advice in discussions related to design, architecture, and functionality.
Education and experience
- Master's degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant industry experience.
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Software engineering skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Understands the balance between maintainability and resource/time constraints.
- Capable of coming up with creative solutions.
- Comfortably works on features that cross component boundaries within the applications.
- Proven ability to design and implement significant portions of application functionality.
- Develop complex features and solve difficult problems with minimal supervision.
- Proven knowledge of design methodologies. For example Design Patterns, Anti-patterns.
Your specific technical skills
- Excellent programming skills in an OO language (very much preferably C++, Python)
- Experience with Hadoop
- Experience in back end programming using C++ and Python
- Strong experience with Relational and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, etc).
- Version control, continuous integration
- Experience with system architecture design and integration
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Experience with cloud platforms (MS Azure, Amazon AWS)
- Experience with Unix system administration, shell scripts
- Some experience with data analysis and visualisation is an advantage
- Growing start-up experience
- Young and dynamic team
- Excellent pension
- Education budget per team member to attend conferences and workshops
- Every Friday company team coaching
- Beautiful stylish office building
- Working with top talents
- Customer engagement
- We have more than 10 patents on our world class data and visual processing and award winning scientific papers.
- Working with new technology
SynerScope is a very innovative company providing products for highly advanced data analysis and visualization in Big Data Information Technology. We create new visions and next-generation solutions by working with multiple kinds and massive amounts of structured and unstructured data at the same time.
We were founded in 2011 and are now in the phase of scaling up towards a full breed company. We’re VC financed and have a start-up mentality combined with scale up phasing.
We are located in a stylish historic building in Helvoirt near ‘s-Hertogenbosch and are opening in the nearby future new offices in Amsterdam (area) and the US.