System Configuration Engineer bij eldoLEDTopvacature
The System Configuration Engineer is a facilitator for the expanding Technology teams. He/She would be responsible for setting up our next generation content and version management system.
Our product portfolio is ever growing and its complexity is growing with it. Being able to cross-reference firmware (component) versions, software versions, and product versions and -configurations for compatibility is vital to the maturing organization. You would be responsible for enabling this by forming a database or content management system of the required information and making the information accessible to all stakeholders.
As the owner of this information you would also be a knowledge provider for CCBs and the person to connect issue management, software and firmware versioning, and product compatibility.
- Gain ownership of and expand the database that contains data concerning the cross-referencing of hardware, firmware and software.
- Development and maintenance of the front end of the database to provide both a clear dashboard for quick status overview and an easy way of entering new information.
- Monitoring of software and firmware branching, and relating this to issues and impact on compatibilities with the product portfolio.
- Communication with multiple departments within the organization including development, quality, sales and manufacturing.
- Accountable for flagging incompatibilities between technology upgrades (whether pushed by Technology or asked by New Product Development).
- Responsible for educating people (engineers, cell leads, others...) on this subject
- Advising New Product Development and Technology (R&D) departments on future technologies and their complexities.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree (HBO) in computer science or electrical engineering
- Strong communicator and multi-tasker
- Good report writing skills in English
- Good report writing skills in Dutch a plus
- Experience in working in a matrix organization
- Preferred experience with version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN)
- Preferred experience with (NoSQL) database maintenance
- Preferred experience with Issue tracking systems like Redmine/Gira
EldoLED is a world leader in the design and manufacturing of intelligent drive solutions for LED based lighting systems. Our technologies empower our customers to deliver the promise of LED lighting: smarter, sleeker and more efficient systems to meet the needs of an ever more energy conscious world. EldoLED is part of Acuity Brands, Inc., a North American market leader and one of the world's leading providers of lighting solutions.